Generation No Kid Hungry Art and Writing Contest
DATE September 24, 2014LEAVE A COMMENT
Deadline: October 17
Teachers, challenge your students to take action against childhood hunger and enter our art and writing contest. Winning students will earn scholarships and cash for their schools by creating their own original entries.
This contest is open only to:
- Legal residents of the United States who are in 7th through 12th grades at the time of entry.
- Students’ parents/guardians or educators who are currently employed by an accredited public or private K–12 school in the United States must apply on behalf of eligible students.
Students must enter in one of the following four categories:
- Personal or persuasive essay, 500 to 2,000 words, double-spaced.
- Poem or short story.
- Short film (1 to 5 minutes in length) or photo essay (4 to 10 photos, 400 to 1,000 words).
- Artwork (painting, digital art, drawing, sculpture, multimedia, multi-panel comic strip/book, story board. Must include 200- to 400-word description).
- Four (4) grand-prize winners (one in each category) will each receive a $500 cash scholarship and a $200 donation to his or her school.
- Twelve (12) runners-up (three in each category) will each receive a $100 cash scholarship and a $100 donation to his or her school.
- One grand-prize winner and 3 runners-up will be chosen in each category by Generation No Kid Hungry and WeAreTeachers.
See the free downloadable lesson ideas and find out how your students can enter now at www.NoKidHungry.org/TeenContest.